Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Weekend in Juneau!




I had an awesome weekend. Me and Noah went to Juneau for a few days to hang out before he flew home to Indiana. We had a lot of fun exploring and goofin around. We took a 6 hour ferry ride there which was kinda long but it was cool! Then that night the company he works for had a free whale watching excursion so we got to go on that and see some whales. It was like a four hour long tour which was kinda long. The first couple hours were cool though haha. We did a lot of shopping there were some cool stores in Juneau, I found a couple antique shops which I was STOKED about!! The last day we went on a hike that was uphill the whole way and it kicked my butt but it was cool. At the top of the mountain is a restaurant and gift shop and a tram that takes you back down and that was way fun! Then this morning I took a way early flight back to Skaggy on a little 4 passenger plane, I got to sit up front and be co pilot so that was cool but pretty sure I fell asleep on the way haha I was sooo tired but ya it was an awesome trip and it was cool to get out of Skagway for a couple days but I'm glad I'm back! 




On the Ferry to Juneau


This guy is creepy


Yay for Gelato!!! Holy cow this was good!



That's right.... go to church!


Here we are in the cool church, pretty sure we aren't supposed to take pictures but what the heck





Here's downtown Juneau from atop a mountain




At the top of the mountain... that hike was a killer




The airport.. sad

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyssa, oh to be so young and free again. It looks like you are had another great adventure in Alaska. I am afraid you will be a little lonely for a while. Any ways, we miss you lots and think about you often.

mikelle said...

Looks like you and Noah are gettin' real close. Are you two officially an item? And will you get to see him again before you leave for home?

hailie said...

Well noah is a little cutie!haha i thought you might've crashed the plane when you were co pilot! WATCH OUT ALASKA! haha just kiddin. That creepy old man is what noah is gonna look like when he get's older.... ewe scary. ooo i had gelato too! mmmm..... delish! noah seems to like to wear his hat to the side hmmm if i didn't know any better i would think he is tryin to be gangsta but we all know i(and you)am the true gangsta in these parts! well post more awesome stuff so i can make fun of them CYA! LOVE YA!

Breakfast at the Zemke's said...

Ha ha, Hailie, I truly love your comments more than a fat kid loves cake! Yes Noah does think he's a gangsta! And yes we are the only gangsta's around these parts. To answer Mikelle's question, I'm going to Indiana on my way home to Utah to visit him! YAY!

Simone said...

What do I have to do to be straight up gangsta. I think just asking that question makes me gangsta! What up homey G?