Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fishin and Swimmin


I did some interesting things this week. First off the other day we decided to go fishing but we didn't have a pole or a license so we fished with out bare hands. We're right in the middle of the Salmon Run so there are a BUNCH of salmon in the Skagway River. Pretty sure me and Ali almost caught one too, it was huge and it wasn't afraid of us at all, I was like kicking it and it still wouldn't move haha, and no it wasn't dead. Then last night was Kendra's last night it Skagway so we went to dinner at Fish Co. then me and her decided we were gonna go swimming in the freezing cold ocean. So at about 9 o'clock we went for a dip. Yes it was freezing, I don't recommend it to anyone! It was a cool experience though, and now I can say that I swam in the  Pacific Ocean in Alaska!!





Ya, that was cold



Our legs are bright red from the frigid temperature of the river



I found a pile of rope which means a good photo op!



I decided I'd sing on the sidewalk for money.. all the tourists were walking by going back to their ships.... notice my camera case sitting next to my feet. Ya I didn't get any money




Here we are before we got in the water



Here i go...



I'm pretty proud of myself!






I am wondering why I just did that

3 comments:

Simone said...

You are really crazy Allyssa! What were you going to do if you caught a fish? KEEP HAVING FUN!!

hailie said...

well you could film the fishin thing and call it cast delay (cast away TOM HANKS)! I'd watch it! but call it cast delay cause ya didn't catch any! You would probably earn like 5 cents for singin!a lot more of those and you could put a down payment on a pack of gum!yes allyssa the ocean can be pretty excitin! i've never been to the atlantic only the pacific so maybe you could bring some back in a jar and then I could say i touched the atlantic! well you work on that while i go buy a pack of gum for you cause i don't want you to strain your voice! Gash i am so thoughtful :D well cya in like a month love ya!

mikelle said...

I can't believe you swam in that freezing cold water! You're crazy! And why didn't you get any money? Those tourists are rude.

P.S. I tagged you! (check out my blog for the details.)