Thursday, September 25, 2008

Peace Out Skagtown... bittersweet feelings


So this is it... I have about 3 days left here in Skagway. I am starting to get more sad as my departure date rapidly approaches! Yesterday me and the gals decided to walk around and take pictures and a few places that are very close to our hearts haha. I seriously can't believe I'm leaving in a few days... our last ship day is in 2 days so we're just cleaning up the store and getting ready to close up shop. I really hope I can come back here someday either on a cruise as a DANG tourist or just come visit for a few days that would be awesome! I really love it here, it's beautiful and so peaceful. I think it would be a good place to rest and rejuvenate, if anyone needs rehabilitation... go to Alaska haha. I think I'm gonna be really sad on Monday when I leave. It's ok though cause I took a TON of pictures and I bought way too much crap to remind me of the wonderful Skagtown. I'm really excited to come home and see my family and my friends! I'm definitely looking forward to it. Oh another thing, Hailey Norr who is in charge of all the interns for Del Sol called us the other day and said there are 2 positions open in Key West Florida from October 2nd to January 1st. I thought about taking it but decided it's probably time to go home but I may do another internship next summer, it's been a lot of fun and it's a great opportunity! Well this is probably gonna be my last post. It's been an amazing summer, I've learned SOOO much about life, love, happiness, sadness, decision making, and I've learned a lot about myself which is great. Being out here has also brought me closer to the Lord. I didn't have my family and friends to remind me to stay close to Christ, I had to do it all on my own and it made me realize that I really do need His love and guidance in my life and I'm so grateful for the chance I had to grow and become a better person and come to know Christ better. I know without him I would be so lost and confused, I'm grateful for prayer and scriptures... it doesn't matter where you are, as long as you have those 2 things you're good to go!! Well it's seriously been the most amazing summer and I couldn't ask for a more awesome experience! I miss everybody and I'm so excited to see you all! See ya in a few days!!






Good Ol Del Sol


I love these cupcakes more than anything!


This is my favorite door in all of Skagway!


Self timer


This is where it all happens, we rent our movies, get our treats, go tanning. and we also live upstairs!


Here's the backdoor...up to our apartment


We found an old abandon train to climb on


This is my most favorite place in the world they make the most delicious cupcakes in the world!



Salmon is gross





3 comments:

hailie said...

Hey lyss!!! MMM... that salmon outlet looks wonderful i bet i could buy salmon hankerchief or a salmon scarf!!! (haha outlet..? get it? haha wow that was lame) Well it looked like you were hoppin on that train while it was movin.... TRYIN TO COME HOME A LITTLE EARLY ARE WE????? Hmmm.. i bet your sick of seein that stupid del sol sign everyday.... uh!haha :) MMm.. that suga mama's looks delish! you have better saved me a cupcake!!jk well cya tomorrow! LONG LOST SISTER AT SEA! ~*PEACE*~

Anonymous said...

What an adventure! I probably wrote that every time I responded on your blog. I am so glad that you were able to have such an experience. We are so proud of you! We are glad that you are home and can't wait to see you!

Dandelion said...

so i think you should keep updating your blog even though you aren't in alaska. i already miss it!