Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Today I went to Canada.. and Haines... oh and I saw a humpback whale!

Today was a pretty exciting day! All the touristy things were basically free for all the locals today so we did some pretty fun stuff. This morning me and Kendra went on a bike tour to Canada which was way awesome. Ali couldn't come cause she didn't have her birth certificate to get through customs which was a bummer. But then we took a ferry to a little town about 20 minutes away by boat. The town is called Haines and we spent most of the day there. The town is definitely not as cool as Skagway but it was fun. On and on the ferry ride to Haines, we saw 2 humpback whales and I was pretty excited cause I've never seen a whale before! Well that's all for now!

Can you believe I'm in Canada? I've never been in canada before so I was pretty excited! It was cold though!

We just went through customs

A WHALE!!

Oh Canada! This was actually in Haines but what the heck


COLD WATER

This is my new pet starfish, I named him Haines cause I found him on the Haines beach.

Cool beans!

7 comments:

The Robisons said...

I think you mean "Whale" that's all for now. ha ha. Humback whales are incredible huh. They are the largest whale and their throat is as large as a softball, so you don't have to worry about them swallowing you. I learned that in Hawaii. That's where they migrate to for the winter. "Whale" that's a few facts for ya. Ü Glad to see you're having so much fun.

hailie said...

Oh that is so off the hizzal! Your lookin pretty pimpin in your biker helmet!! Did you ride your bike to canada????

Simone said...

I'm so glad you are posting your pics on your blog. It's so neat to see where you are and what you're doing. You're a good girl and I love you!

Anonymous said...

With all this fun that you are having are you actually working? I think you have a pretty good gig goin' on. It's fun to hear about all your adventures......

mikelle said...

That's pretty sweet that you saw a whale! And you went on a bike tour? That's pretty unexpected! How long was it? Love the pictures - keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

My #1 granddaughter,

I miss you so much! Especially when the family comes over for a get together. Danielle was very disappointed you weren't here on Mother's Day. And I was too! You look so happy and it looks so fun! I am thrilled for your experience. I'm sure you are learning a great deal about life. Remember your family loves you the most! I want you to be careful and not fall in that icy lake! Mikelle is teaching me how to make comments. I am a slow learner so I'll try to keep in touch on your blog. I love you, love you, love you my beautiful, sweet, loving granddaughter! Let me know if you need anything. (money, food, care packages, etc.)

All my love,

Grandma Kay
XOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are having a great time. I love all the pictures. It looks like a very amazing place. We are really missing you. Meg and Carson are lost without you. O.K. maybe not lost, but they miss you tons. We love you. You look great in your helmet and cold in your jacket.